It has become popular to label botanicals as “super foods” or “super fruits” but in most cases, there is no scientific basis for that. A “super” or above average botanical, is one that shows a growing body of scientific interest as it continulously is proven to address all body systems in an exceptional way. There are very few botanicals that honestly have this level of scientific interest, & over time, have continued to capture the attention of researchers. Remember it takes millions of dollars invested to sustain the level of laboratory scrutiny medical researchers need. So the funding will not continue if a botanical falls out of interest due to lack of superior efficacy. Mangosteen has passed the test of time, interest, efficacy of results across all body systems, & sustained funding. There are currently 44 different countries medical research facilities that are studying mangosteen xanthones. It deserves the label super food.
- Mangosteen now has over 700 published papers. It remains at the pinnacle in the landscape of medical research. The scientists have moved on multiple human conditions to identify how mangosteen works & have already produced several drugs from the botanical. Interest has grown significantly since 2002 when the first whole food mangosteen product was made commercially available & it continues to grow.
- XANTHONES are the class of phytonutrients unique to mangosteen that give it powerful, irreplaceable value. Mangosteen is the only commercial source for humans to ingest xanthones. It is xanthones that the scientists are studying, and the vast majority of them are in the RIND or pericarp of the mangosteen. (Isagenix’s Xango stands alone as the only whole fruit formula..includes the white fruit, seeds and pericarp rind.)
Aside from xanthones, another reason mangosteen qualifies to be called a SUPER fruit is the arsenal of plant nutrition it contains. Here is a list of them Xanthones (50+ DIFFERENT ONES identified, & being researched) Proanthocyanidins + Anthocyanidins + Catechins + Polysaccharides + Polyphenols + Benzophenones + Sterols + Pycnogenol + Epigallocatechin Gallate
Let’s look at some of the science:
- There are 57 published research papers proving xanthones have POSITIVE IMPACT on endocrine diseases:
Common Endocrine Disorders
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Cancer
- Addison’s Disease
- Cushing’s Syndrome
- Graves’ Disease
- Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
- 15 published research papers proving it’s efficacy with several gut health disorders (colitis etc) & poor digestion
- 9 scholarly papers xanthones ameliorate depression & neurological disorders:
Common Neurological Disorders
- Headache. such as migraines, cluster headaches, and tension headaches
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- 105 papers on mangosteen anti-inflammatory & auto immune diseases
- 11 papers dedicated to mangosteen results with arthritis
- 52 published papers on mangosteen aiding different skin diseases & conditions from acne to rashes, skin cancers etc
- 15 science papers on various dental health issues including peridonatal disease & anti caries, gum pockets etc (suggestion to swish before you swallow your mangosteen to get the best results!)
- Numerous papers proving Anti angiogenic:stops tumours from growing their own blood vessels. Will stop a cancer from growing blood vessels, & can then slow the growth of the cancer or sometimes shrink it.
- Multiple papers focused on numerous anticancer properties: apoptosis, inhibits proliferation/suppresses metastatic process etc.
And the research continues. SUPER FOOD…IMPACTING ALL body systems WITHOUT EXCEPTION. I added a few science links above, but the research on mangosteen is archived at National Library of Medical research https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/. For a quick overview, I keep a library of the papers that impress me CLICK HERE.
- A recent article showcases the unique value of mangosteen click here
I added wholefood mangosteen juice full of xanthones into my diet daily for over 15 years with great results.
PLEASE NOTE the article is based on current published research only. *None of the above statements have been evaluated by the FDA. This article, & all products mentioned at this blog, are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.