Testimonials by Medical Professionals using a whole fruit Mangosteen juice in their practices with much success. Contact me here.
The Mangosteen’s benefits spans a wide range of effects: anti-inflammatory (stronger than indomethacin), anti-microbial (against viruses, bacteria and fungi), anti-tumour (tested successfully against six chemotherapy agents), anti-aging, anti-fatigue, potent antioxidant effect, anti-atherosclerotic, antihistamine, and the list goes on!
Amod Tootla, M.D., F.A.C.S., F.I.C.S. was a world-renowned, board certified cancer surgeon and leading scientist. Named one of the top surgeons in the United States by the Consumer Research Council of America in Washington, DC for five years, he has also been named by Cambridge University as one of the top 2000 scientist in the world for the 21st Century.
Dr. Tootla was licensed to practice in 20 different countries and has the distinction of having introduced robotic surgery in the United States. He is a pioneer of laparoscopic colon surgery and has published numerous papers in the most prestigious medical journals in the world, including the New England Journal of Medicine. Dr Tootla was the first surgeon to do surgery over the internet – from Michigan to Buenas Aires in Argentina – as reported on the front page of the Wall Street Journal. He was the first surgeon to use radio frequency abalation for primary and metastatic liver cancer. Dr. Tootla used Mangosteen Juice with over 1800 of his patients.
CANCER DOCTOR SEES RESULTS
Testimony by Amod S. Tootla, MD, Colorectal surgeon specialising in colon cancer.
“I am an active tennis player and skier and injured my left knee twice from skiing accidents. After I was done taking my third bottle of mangosteen juice, all of my pain was gone. I had no problem playing three or four sets of tennis, when in prior months one set wore me out. I decided to research what this juice was all about. I researched materials from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez/ and studied xanthones.
After I discovered the healthy effects that xanthones have on the body, I decided that I would suggest mangosteen juice to some of my patients. I saw dramatic results (Please see my recommendations for mangosteen usage below)
Many of my patients are older with color cancer, and some have other conditions like hypertension. After these patients had been on the juice a while, they were coming back and telling me what amazing results they were having. Many experienced less pain from arthritis…” LISTEN TO 2 EXCELLENT AUDIO INTERVIEWS WITH DR TOOTLA ON MANGOSTEEN INFO CLICK HERE
I use mangosteen as a first line therapy in the following conditions:
- Gastro-esophageal reflux disease
- Acid dyspepsia or gastritis
- Hiatal hernia
- Fatigue or low energy states
- Mild depression or dysthymia
- Mild to moderate anxiety states
- Mild to moderate asthma
- Irritable bowel disease
- Recurrent urinary tract infection
- Sleep disorders
- Allergic rhinitis
- Otits externa
- Non-arthritis muscle or joint pain
I use mangosteen as an adjunctive therapy in the following conditions:
- Rheumatic or connective tissue diseases
- Degenerative disc disease
- Lupus erythomatosis
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Migraine headache
- Stomach and duodenal ulcers
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Moderate to severe depression
- Ulcerative Colitis and Chron’s disease
- Cardiovascular disease and hypertension
- Post-menopausal mood disorder and PMS
- Viral infections
- Bacteria infections
- Fungal infections
- Severe allergic reactions
In my opinion, the mangosteen equals or outperforms the following US prescription and over-the-counter drugs:
- Nexium, Prevacid, Aciphex
- Xantac, Pepcid, and other H2 blockers
- Allegra, Zyrtec, Claritin, other antihistamines
- Lotrisone, Topicort, Cutivate, other tropical corticosteroids
- Vallium, Xanax, other minor tranquilizers
- Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Lexapro, other antidepressants when used for dysthymia or anxiety
- Vicodin, Percocet, Duragesic patches, other narcotics
- Tegaretol, Neurontin, other anti-epileptic drugs when used for chronic pain
- Anusol, other hemorrhoid preparations
- Celebrex, Vioxx, Bextra, Naproxen, Arthroterc, Ibuprofen, other antiinflammatories
- Ultram, Talwin, other non-opiod pain preparations
- Midrin, Fioricet, Imitrex. Amerge, Maxalt, Zomig, other migraine preparations
- Lipitor, Zocor, Pravacol, other lipid-lowering agents
- Aricept, Cognex, other Alzheimer’s preparations
Vaughn T. Johnson, D.O. is a board certified family medicine physician. He has been practicing for over 10 years, and offers a wide range of medical services including pediatrics, obstetrics and sports medicine. In addition, Dr. Johnson serves as an associate professor of family medicine at several medical schools.
Dr. Johnson explains how drinking a natural food supplement like Mangosteen juice each day may affect many modern, debilitating disorders like autism, ADHD, depression, chronic fatigue syndrome, Acid Reflux, Allergies, Alzheimer’s Disease, Aspartame detoxify, Asthma, Autism, Autoimmune Disorders, B-vitamins, & liquid B-vitamins deficiency, insomnia, and senility.
Dr. Albert Miller M.D. received his medical degree from the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine. After completing a surgical internship at Huron Road Hospital in Cleveland, he returned to the University of Cincinnati where he completed his residency in Family Practice. Dr. Miller has maintained his board certification in Family Practice since 1988.
After completing his residency training in 1988, Dr. Miller started his practice in Family Medicine with Dr. Roy Miller in Millersburg, Ohio. A year later he moved his practice to Wooster, Ohio where he continues to practice today.
Dr. Miller has always had an interest in Alternative and Complimentary Medicine such as the Mangosteen and incorporated this with his traditional Family Practice. It was an article from the European medical literature in 1995 that first inspired Dr. Miller’s interest in Anti-Aging Medicine.
It was then that he started incorporating some of the anti-aging modalities into his practice style. Dr. Miller’s first anti aging patient was his father-in-law. This began an educational process which included conferences, seminars, literature, text books, and clinical training, resulting in board certification in Anti-Aging Medicine in 2000. This educational process continues today and will continue for the rest of Dr. Miller’s professional practice. LISTEN TO 2 EXCELLENT AUDIO INTERVIEWS WITH DR MILLER ON MANGOSTEEN INFO CLICK HERE
PREVENTION GREATEST BENEFIT OF MANGOSTEEN
Testimonial by Albert Miller, M.D., Family physician
“I first started to research mangosteen in October 2004. I had not heard of mangosteen or xanthones before, so I was excited to begin the research.
I went to Medscape (an online resource for physicians at http://www.medscape.com/home ) and did a Medline search on both xanthones an mangosteen and was surprised at what I found. There were, in fact, over one thousand articles on xanthones and twenty some on mangosteen. Researchers have identified more than 65 xanthones in the mangosteen fruit, most of which are in the thick pericarp, or peel.
I narrowed down my clinical research to be more specific to my purpose. This revealed a number of articles to support:
- Potent antioxidant activity
- Anti-inflammatory action
- Anti-bacterial action
- Anti-tumour action, and in some cases, even apoptosis (tumour cell death).
I decided that mangosteen juice would have a place in my practice. I began using the juice myself, and I prescribed a select group of patients to use it as well. If the results warranted it, and as the science and my clinical experience directed me, I would expand my recommendation of mangosteen.
For my initial trial, five of my patients along with my wife and I began using mangosteen juice; and the results were amazing. I was most impressed with the anti-inflammatory effects; decreased joint swelling and pain reduction that we saw during our first month. Subsequently, I started recommending mangosteen for a variety of symptoms and diseases.
Auto-immune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, lupus and psoriasis showed remarkable clinical improvement. Chronic skin conditions such as eczema and dermatitis improved in most patients, totally eliminating the need for use of topical steroids in many cases. Males with benign prostate hypertrophy reported reduction in nocturia – the number of times they get up at night to urinate. Osteoarthritis pain and fibromyalgia symptoms did not completely resolve for most patients, but showed a marked improvement.
I consider prevention to be the greatest benefit of using mangosteen. I fully believe the evidence clearly points to the fact that all diseases associated with aging directly or indirectly result from excessive oxidation, uncontrolled inflammation or the malfunction of our immune system. As I have stated, mangosteen has a profound effect on each of these. It is likely to be the single most powerful prevention supplement available to us today.”
‘MORE THAN UNIQUE.’ PROOF OF EFFICACY EVIDENT WITH PATIENTS
“Mangosteen juice is more than unique. I took a long, hard look at it. If you knew what I knew you would never leave home without your mangosteen juice. Antioxidants are the real keys to the future in treating disease. Many medications today are still derived from natural components. When you look at mangosteen, it has so many natural properties to it. And the proof of its efficacy isn’t just anecdotal. Medical faculties all over the world have research that shows mangosteen contains elements that literally help to correct many diseases that occur today. Mangosteen is an antioxidant. The rind itself contains xanthones which are irreplaceable, powerful & unique.
When the body is sick it needs biological material, not chemical material. In this day and age we are so polluted with chemicals, contaminants and artificial things. We must learn to do things that are preventative in nature, like using mangosteen. One of the greatest things you can do for your immune system is preventative care.”
My personal choice of Mangosteen juice is the original whole fruit formula by Isagenix, Xango.
Buy Isagenix Xango Mangosteen
—Questions? other market? Contact me click here
PERSONAL EXPERIENCES WITH the whole food MANGOSTEEN JUICE
Dr. Judy Leets, Naturopathic Doctor
I am a naturopathic doctor and have been a student of natural health for more than 30 years. In those 30 years I have been introduced to hundreds of supplements but none are as impressive as the juice made from the whole mangosteen fruit. When I was first introduced to this juice I dismissed it as just another supplement that couldn’t possibly live up to its expectations. After being told about it over and over I began doing my own research, after one year I embraced it wholeheartedly.
Along with changes to diet and lifestyle, supplementation is the answer to many health issues, and in my opinion, mangosteen juice should be on everyone’s list of daily supplements. I have had chronic lower back pain since 1998 when I ruptured a disk in my lumbar vertebrae. When I drink my daily ounces of mangosteen juice with each meal and before bed my symptoms disappear. Our personal doctor was after my husband to take medication for his cholesterol but I convinced him to start drinking the mangosteen juice and his cholesterol came down to normal levels naturally without medication.
The pericarp of the mangosteen fruit contains biologically active molecules called xanthones that are highly anti-fungal as well as anti-inflammatory. This is the number one reason why any mangosteen juice that is used as a supplement must contain the whole fruit, including the rind. That is what makes it so powerful and efficacious.
The father of medicine, Hippocrates, is the one who said, “Let food be your medicine.”
James Graham, M.D. Gynecologic Oncologist
I reached a point in my life where I was going to have to give up my career as a cancer surgeon. I had developed severe arthritis primarily in my knee and ankle joints. After undergoing arthroscopic surgery I was told that I had lost most of the cartilage in my knee joints. I was walking “bone on bone.”
I was in severe pain and began using a number of traditional western medications, including COX-2 inhibitors. After three months, I developed a gastric ulcer and my hemoglobin dropped to a level of six, thus requiring admission to the Intensive Care unit, endoscopic surgery and transfusion.
One of my patients with ovarian cancer Was being treated with chemotherapy and was doing extremely well. She was also drinking mangosteen juice. She told me to drink three ounces a day. After three days, I could honestly feel a difference. I was at a point that pain would wake me up as I rolled over in bed at night.
Now I sleep through the night and rather than waking up in the morning with stiff joints, I get out of bed and feel great.
I have since canceled my disability application and now look forward to many more years of treating cancer patients. Try it!
Harriett McCallum, Retired LPN
I have had problems with irritable bowel syndrome 14 for almost 10 years, but in the last few years it has become a lot worse. I started drinking mangosteen juice in March and I was amazed at the difference I saw within 48 hours. I no longer had intestinal bloating, my stomach had settled down and I was beginning to have less diarrhea. I don’t know what I would do without the mangosteen beverage because it has helped me so much. I was at a point that I was not able to eat anything in the morning before I went out for the day. I would sip on juice and water because I was not able to eat anything without suffering from diarrhea and cramps. This juice has made a tremendous difference in my life. It has given me a new lease on life. I have a lot more energy I don’t tire as easily and I am sleeping better.
Armando V. DeGuzman, M.D.
In 1989 I was in a very serious accident while bicycle racing. I had severe facial injuries and fractures, and I fractured my cervical spine and lower back. It is a miracle I’m not a quadriplegic today. I started having problems with severe, traumatic arthritis and compression syndrome in my back. It had become so painful that I needed to take Celebrex and Vioxx for the pain. I also had to take some narcotics at night because the pain was so severe I couldn’t sleep.
I was going to have surgery on my back to decompress it, but then a friend of mine called and told me about the launch of mangosteen juice. I began drinking three ounces twice a day. After the first week, I didn’t have to take the narcotics at night. After another week, I didn’t have to use any medications because I was completely pain free.
Because of my healing experience, I started researching the mangosteen fruit and sharing it with my patients as a complement to standard medication. Many patients have been able to taper their medications while on mangosteen juice.
Dr. Robert C. Stone Osteopathic Physician and Research Psychiatrist
After studying decades of research, I believe the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of the mangosteen represent the single greatest step we can take to help prevent the five major diseases: heart disease, cancer, stroke, lung disease and diabetes.
My path to the mangosteen begins way back in my youth. After one particularly successful swimming meet, the losing team ‘celebrated’ by throwing everyone into th pool. One of my opponents landed directly on my head while I was standing straight up. The damage to my neck and upper back has haunted me every day since. I was 14 at the time. Aspirin was the only medication available for my pain, and I used it a lot, every day. Within a year, I had developed the ‘side-effect’ of stomach irritation (gastritis) and burning in my esophagus (reflux). These conditions are now known as gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD.
For the next decade, I could not find a medication, supplement or substance that would decrease my constant stomach pain. Over the years since, I have taken the highest dose of the strongest stomach medications available. I had some improvement on these medications, but I was a slave to them and still in misery.
Then a friend introduced me to mangosteen. After eight days of drinking 1.5 ounces of mangosteen juice each morning, I didn’t have to take any pills at night before bed. Eight months have now passed without being chained to medication, and without risking the hundreds of side effects each of the drugs. Eight months with complete remission of my symptoms, for the first time in 25 years.
Two out of every three of us will die from one of the top five fatal disease. We now know that free radical damage and chronic inflammation underlie each of these diseases. With the powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of the xanthones in the mangosteen, I believe I am actively decreasing my chance of contracting one of these diseases.
Ed Cohen, retired Pharmacist
For years I would awake early in the morning with headaches,sometimes as often as three times a week. I would take to Fiorinal tablets and then go back to sleep so I wouldn’t have to go to work with the pain. Since using mangosteen juice, I no longer have those terrible headaches, and I sleep through the night.
My wife Sandi suffers from migraine headaches so severe that she would be incapacitated for up to three days at a time. The migraine headaches came too regularly and too often. She also started using mangosteen juice and immediately the length of time between headaches increased to more than five weeks. Mangosteen works!
Dr. Kenneth J. Finsand, Chiropractic physician
In 1981, while surfing in Hawaii, I broke my back in four areas. Over the last 20 years through chiropractic care, I have been able to lead a fairly normal life. However, the pain has increased because spurring has advanced and degeneration has occurred in certain areas of the spine.
Then I learned about mangosteen juice. I was given an ounce of the juice, and that was the beginning of my major change in my health, my life and my career. I have implemented this product in my clinic and recommended its use to my patients with incredible results. Never have I encountered a natural fruit so powerful. Because of the amazing results I have had with mangosteen, I am now drug free and virtually pain free for the first time in 21 years. The research I have performed on this product has led me to believe that it can turn around chronic conditions of inflammation in the cells of the body. It is also my finding that mangosteen is the perfect ailment preventive. And in the chiropractic world, prevention is the key goal in health care.
- Schmid, W. “Isolation of mangostin from Garcinia Mangostana Linn,” Liebigs Ann, 1855; 93 (83)
- Chanarat P. Chanarat N. Fikojara M. Nagumo T. (1997) “Immunopharmacological activity of Polysaccharide from the Pericarp of Mangosteen Garcinia; Phagocyic intracellular killing activities,” J Med Assoc Thai, 1:S149-154
- Bennet, G.L.H (1989) “Xanthones from Guttiferae,” Phytochemistry, 28; 967-998
- Shankaranarayanan, D., L. Kaneswran, et al., (1980) “Effect of Mangostin a Xanthone from Garcinia Mangostana Linn. in Immunopathological and Inflammation Reactions,” Indian Journal of Experimental Biology, 18; pp. 843-46
- Mahabusarakam, W., P. Iriyachitra, P. Saowaluk (1986) “Antimicrobial Activities of Chemical Constituents from Garcinia mangostana Linn.” J. Sci. Soc. Thailand, 12; pp. 239-42
- Gopalakrishnan G., Banumathi B,. Suresh G. (1997, May) “Evaluation of the Antifungal Activity of Natural Xanthones from Garcinia Mangostana and Their Synthetic Derivatives,” J Nat Prod; 60 (5):519-24.
- Nakatani, K. M. Atsui, T. Arakawa, et al, (2002 Sep.) “Inhibition of histamine release and prostaglandin E2 synthesis by mangosteen, a Thai medicinal plant,” Biochemical Pharmacology Bulletin, 25 (9): 1137-1141
- Chi-Kuan Ho, Yu-Ling Huang, Chie-Chih Chen (2002) “Garcinone E, a xanthone derivative, has potent cytotoxic effect against hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines,” Planta Medica, 68: 975-979
- Williams P., Ongaskul M., Proudfoot J., Croft K., Beilin L. (1995 Aug.) “Mangostin Inhibits the Oxidative Modification of Human Low Density Lipoprotein,” Free Radic Res ;23(2):175-84.
- Jinsart et al., (1992 Nov.) “Inhibition of wheat embryo calcium dependent protein kinase and other kinases by mangostin and gamma-mangostin,” Phytochemistry ;31(11):3711-3713
- Saralamp, PCW, R. Temsiririrkkul, T. Clayton (1996) Medicinal Plants of Thailand,Volume I, Bangkok, Thailand; Amarin Printing and Publishing Public Co., LTD
- Nakatani, K. N. Nakahata, T. Arakawa, H. Yasuda, . Ohizumi (2002) “Inhibition of Cyclooxygenase and Prostaglandin E2 synthesis by ß-mangostin, A Xanthone Derivative in Mangosteen, in C6 rat glioma cells,” Biochemical Pharmacology, 63, pp. 73-79
- Nattaya Chairungsrilerd, Ken-Ichi Furukawa, Takeshi Tadano, Kensuke Kisara and Yasushi Ohizumi (1998) “Effect of gamma-mangostin through the inhibition of 5-hydroxytryptamine2A receptors in 5-fluoro-alpha-methyltryptamine-induced head-twitch responses of mice,” British Journal of Pharmacology, 123, 855–862
- Shankaranarayan D, Gopalakrishnan C, Kameswaran L. (1979 Jun.) “Pharmacological profile of mangostin and its derivatives,” Arch Int Pharmacodyn Ther. ;239 (2): 257-69
- Fan, C., J. Su (1997) Antioxidative Mechanism of Isolated Components from Methanol Extract of Fruit Hulls of Garcinia mangostana L.,J. Chinese Agricultural Chem. Soc. No. 5, 35; pp. 540-51
- Furukawa K, Chairungsrilerd N, Ohta T, et al. (1997, Oct.) “[Novel types of receptor antagonists from the medicinal plant Garinia mangostana]” Nippon Yakurigaku Zasshi, Suppl 1, 110: 153P-158P
- Chairungsrilerd N, Furukawa KI, Ohta T, Nozoe S, Ohizumi Y. (1998, Jan.) “Gamma-mangostin, a novel type of 5-hydroxytryptamine 2A receptor antagonist.” Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. ;357 (1):25-31
- Chairungsrilerd et al, (1996) “Mangostanol, A Prenyl Xanthone from Garcinia mangostana,” Phytochemistry No. 5, 43: pp. 1099-1102
- Chanarat, P., Chanarat N. Fikojara M. Nagumo T. (1997.) “Immunopharmacological activity of Polysaccharide from the Pericarp of Mangosteen Garcinia; Phagocyic intracellular killing activities,” J Med Assoc Thai, 1:S149-154
- Chen et at., (1996) “Active Constituents Against HIV-1 Protease from Garcinia mangostana,” Planta Medica, 62: pp. 381-82
- Dahanukar et al. (2000) “Pharmacology of Medicinal Plants And Natural Products,” Indian Journal of Pharmacology, p. S96
- Du et al., (1977) “A Research Note: Anthocyanins of Mangosteen, Garcinia mangostana,” J. Food Science No.6, 42;pp. 1667-68
- Duke et al., (1993) CRC Handbook of Alternative Cash Crops, pp. 257-59 (CRC Press)
- Fairchild, D. G. (1903) “The mangosteen, queen of tropical fruits.” Soc. Hort. Sci. Proc. 14-15
- Fan et al., (1997) “Antioxidative Mechanism of Isolated Components from Methanol Extract of Fruit Hulls of Garcinia mangostana L.,” 35 J. Chinese Agricultural Chem. Soc. No. 5, pp. 540-51
- Fujihara, Michio, Yumiko Kurata, Yasuyuki Kosaka, Prasit Chanarat, Terukazu Nagumo. (1997) “Antitumor Polysaccharides from the Pericarb of Mangosteen.” Bull Chiang Mai Assoc Med Sci Vol.30, Supplement No.1
- Gopalakrishnan G., Banumathi B,. Suresh G. (1997, May) “Evaluation of the Antifungal Activity of Natural Xanthones From Garcinia Mangostana and Their Synthetic Derivatives,” J Nat Prod; 60(5):519-24
- Harborne & Baxter, (1983) Phytochemical Dictionary – A Handbook of Bioactive Compounds from Plants, pp. 582, (Taylor & Frost, London)
- Jinsart et al, (1992) “Inhibition of Wheat Embryo Calcium-dependent Protein Kinase And Other Kinases by Mangostin and ß-mangostin,” 31 Phytochemistry No. 11, pp. 3711-3713
- Krishnapilly B., Marzalina M. and Hairs Mohd. (1993) “Seeds and Fruits of Some Common Tropical Species Used as Medicine by Folk Healers,” Bulletin FRIM, 3(2):9-11.
- Linuma M., Tosa H., Tanaka T., Asai F., Kobayashi Y., Shimano R,. Miyauchi K. (1996, August) “Antibacterial Activity of Xanthones from Guttiferaeous Plants Against Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus,” J Pharm Pharmacol ;48(8):861-5
- Mahabusarakam et al., (1986) “Antimicrobial Activities of Chemical Constituents from Garcinia mangostana Linn.,” 12 J. Sci. Soc. Thailand, pp. 239-42
- Mahabusarakam et al., (2000) “Inhibition of Lipoprotein Oxidation by Prenylated Xanthones Derived from Mangostin,” Free Rad. Res. 33: pp. 643-59 (2000).
- Marona et al, (2001) “Pharmacological Properties of Some Aminoalkanolic Derivatives of Xanthone,” Pharmazie, 56:pp. 567- 572
- Michio Fujihara, Yumiko Kurata, Yasuyuki Kosaka, Prasit Chanarat, Terukazu Nagumo. (1997) “Antitumor Polysaccharides from the Pericarb of Mangosteen.” Bull Chiang Mai Assoc Med Sci Vol.30, Supplement No.1
- Morton, Julia F. (1987) “Mangosteen,” Fruits of Warm Climates, pp. 301-304
- Nakatani et al, (2002) “Inhibition of Cyclooxygenase and Prostaglandin E2 synthesis by ß-mangostin, A Xanthone Derivative in Mangosteen, in C6 rat glioma cells,” 63 Biochemical Pharmacology, pp. 73-7
- O.I. Shadyro et al. (2002) “Quinones as Free Radical Fragmentation Inhibitors in Biologically Important Molecules.” Free Radical Research, 36(8), pp. 859-867
- Page, Suzan, M. (2002, July 10,) “What is the Most Exotic Fruit in the World?” Marco Island Eagle
- Peres et al, (2000) “Tetraoxygenated Naturally Occurring Xanthones,” Phytochemistry, 55; pp. 683-710
- Schmid, W. (1855) “Isolation of Mangostin from Garcinia Mangostana Linn.” Liebigs Ann. 93: 83
- Shadyro, O.I. et al. (2002) “Quinones as Free Radical Fragmentation Inhibitors in Biologically Important Molecules.” Free Radical Research, 36(8), pp. 859-867
- Shankaranarayanan et al., (1980) “Effect of Mangostin a Xanthone from Garcinia Mangostana Linn.” in Immunopathological and Inflammation Reactions, 18 Indian Journal of Experimental Biology, pp. 843-46
- Sundaram BM, Gopalakrishnan C, Subramanian S, Shankaranarayanan D, Kameswaran L. (1983 May) “Antimicrobial Activities of Garcinia Mangostana,” Planta Med ;48(1):59-60
- Tay Yen Ping, Bonnie (1996) “Chemical Constituents of Garcinia Mangostana, G. Parvifolia, G. griffitti, and G. diversifolia (Guttiferae) and their biological activities.” Dissertation from Universiti Putra Malaysia
- Williams P., Ongaskul M., Proudfoot J., Croft K., Beilin L. (1995, Aug) “Mangostin Inhibits the Oxidative Modification of Human Low Density Lipoprotein,” Free Radic Res ;23(2):175-84
- Yaacob et al., (1955) “Mangosteen Cultivation,” Plant Production and Protection Paper, pp. 10-13 (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations)
- Yoshikawa M, Harada E, Miki A, Tsukamoto K, Liang S, Yamahara N, Murakami N. (1994) “Antioxidant Constituents From the Fruit Hulls of Mangosteen (Garcinia Mangostana L.) Originating in Vietnam.” Yakugaku Zasshi. 114:129-133.
Disclaimer required by law: FDA regulations prohibit the use of therapeutic or medical claims in conjunction with the sale of any product not approved by the FDA. This document is for informational and educational purposes only. Information contained herein is NOT intended to be take as medical advice. Testimonials are given by persons who want to share their personal experiences and are provided solely for informational purposes. No therapeutic or medical claims are either implied or made.